Thursday, December 15, 2011

New Sleigh Bells: 'Born to Lose'

It seems like only yesterday that I was astounded by what I was seeing and hearing when I went to see Yeasayer (for what was indeed probably the fourth time) and Sleigh Bells was one of the openers.  Word of mouth and distortion-laced demos left my expectations rather low and therefore I was blown away by how ridiculous and adrenaline-pumping they really were.  Then Treats was released and I wanted to play it at every party but only a few people in the crowd didn't look down at it.  That being said, after releasing a tracklist and a trailer a couple weeks ago for their sophomore album, the band has finally given us a glimpse of just what is to be expected.  Seems like more of the same but with Treats seeming a bit skimpy as it included many of their demos, more of the same wouldn't be such a bad thing.



download: Sleigh Bells - Born to Lose

No comments:

Post a Comment